

Chapter One
I never imagined my dreaming would get me into such trouble, but I has. Now, it seems I'm getting the rewards of my dreams. I'm sorry you must be horribly lost. Let me introduce myself. My name is Leslie, I'm not going to give out my last name because it's of the utmost importance that little part of me remain a secret. This all started last night, or was it tonight. Oh, forget it. Let me start at the beginning. It's summer, and I am in my community's theater play of the movie Labyrinth. I'd never dreamed that one of my favorite movies would be made into a Broadway musical, and I was cast as Sarah.
It was opening night, and my parents couldn't make it because they had to go somewhere important for my dad's job. They could only drop me off at the play. Opening night was great. I was taken home by a family friend after it ended. My parents wouldn't be home until well after midnight.
So, I went up to my room to draw, and read. I got severely bored after the first hour alone. It was only ten o' clock too, and my parents wouldn't be back until about two in the morning. I wondered why the thing was so important that my parents had to be out late. I was seventeen after all, so it shouldn't have bothered me. I layed on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. Then, in my sever state of boredom I said something really stupid. I said,
“I wish that the goblins from my play would take me away from this place.”Then, I turned on my Labyrinth CD, and turned off the lights and decided to sleep. Bad move on my part, because I really, and I mean really meant what I'd just said. Everyone knows that when you put your heart into something and wish for it chances are pretty high that you'll get it, and it won't turn out to be at all you wanted. But, I didn't really care about that. I just wanted out of this world that was so horrible with all its wars, heartbreaks, sorrows, and most of all death. I wanted to leave so badly.
I though of this as I fell asleep. It felt like only a few minutes had passed before something woke me up. I woke up because I'd somehow remembered that I forgot to take out my contacts, and I hadn't changed my clothes. As I woke up I felt tiny hands on my back, and I heard loud laughter. I tentatively opened one eye and looked around. I was in a torch lit tunnel or hallway. I looked down to see several creatures carrying me. I instantly connected two and two and I went tombstone still.
“Won't the King be pleased!” chuckled a goblin holding my left foot. “We've got the girl.”
“Yeah,” said the goblin holding my right hand at the wrist. “He'll be surprised that she finally said it.”
Then, it hit me they were talking about the wish that I'd made before falling asleep. Would let them take me to the Goblin King or would I try and make a break for it? I decided to let them take me as far as the beginning of the labyrinth and then fight and bolt for the way home. The time came soon enough. I kicked the goblin in the head that held my right foot. Then, they were all surprised and dropped me.
I rolled over backwards got up and made b-line for the tunnel we'd just come out of. I was going full speed, full throttle up that tunnel. Then, I turned my head and saw something. A bird, no an owl flying fast to catch up to me. I ran harder. I knew who that owl was, and I wasn't just going to slow down, and give up. Either I'd win, and get out of here or he'd win then I'd run the opposite direction. I don't know why I turned into a competition, but I did and ran even harder, but he beat me anyway. I tried to slow down, but I was going too fast and my footing slipped and I rolled head first into his legs. I was Momentarily disoriented. Then, I shook my head, and looked up.
“Well, well, what have we here?” he said. I was still dizzy as I stood up. It was no surprise that I stumbled and fell backward. I decided to stay on the ground, and said the first defiant thing came to mind.
“What gives you the right to kidnap me?” I said glaring at him.
“What gives me the right is the same right that you have to make the wish you just did.” he replied. “Leslie, what's said is said.”I instantly blurted out, “I didn't mean it!”
“Oh, you didn't.” he said sarcastically.
“I wanna go home.” I said flatly. Then, he held something up to the light. “What the heck is that?” I asked.
“It's a crystal. Nothing more, but if you turn it this way and look into it it will show you your dreams.” He explained.
“Okay,” I said.
“Do you want it?” he asked. I said nothing, and looked at him. “Then, forget about going home. Your with us now.” he said to me.
I rolled my eyes and said, “I'll keep my freedom, thanks. You can't stop me I'm going home and nobody is going to tell me other wise.” I said as I stood up and glared at him.
“If you're so determined to go home then there's only one way you can.” he said.
“Let me guess. I have to go through the labyrinth to go home.” I said in an annoyed tone of voice.
“Yes, you have to retrieve something of yours. Or you remain here with us forever.” he said.
“Fine, what is it that you are going to take from me?” I asked with my arms crossed.
He reached forward a crystal in hand, and it turned into a black ball. Something came out of me. A moment later he held it up. It was a baby, but not just any baby. The baby was me as a baby. “What did you take from me!” I shouted.
“Your memories, and they took this form. You as an infant. You have thirteen hours in which to solve the Labyrinth or you remain here with us forever.” he told me.
“Fine, thirteen, ha, mazes are my thing I'll in two.” I said. “You have thirteen all the same, but we'll see if you can beat the clock. Such a pity though.” he said.
“What'd ya mean 'such a pity'?” I scoffed. He just shook his as began to disappear, and said once more,”Such a pity.”
I stood there for a second. Trying to work out a plan. Perhaps the movie had things backwards or it did show enough, but I had to get started. So, without another moment of hesitation I walked up to the walls of the Labyrinth to get started.

No comments:
Post a Comment