Sunday, March 30, 2008

Advice of the week




The Dangers of Self Pity

I know we all do this in life when we are getting into tough situations. We pity ourselves. This is a dangerous practice to start. It can lead to low self esteem and poor confidence in one’s ablities and we can go down a long road of depression because of our over “self-pitiatizing.”
We should look at a situation with confidence and patience. we cannot let our self-pity control the way we think. Instead of pitying ourselves we should say, “I could have done _______ or I should of done _________”. We should never pity ourselves too much or we could lose our sense of happiness.

So don’t pity! Be positive!




3 comments:

Deon said...

You go, girl! I am proud of you, Les! We should all take your advice. xxxxooooo Mom

Nana said...

Leslie (The L Jay) I post as Nana but I'm really Christine's mom,Donna. I enjoyed hanging out on Friday night. I was very impressed with how well you did on the guitar. I liked your positive thinking sermon and getting to see Cutie. Take Care! Donna

Anonymous said...

Words to live by! Thanks, Les!